Report SEO Spam
Search engines exist to retrieve the best results for the end-user. A true search engine optimizer works alongside search engines. They help search engines to better understand what their website is about.
What is Spam
Spam is anything on a website that is designed to trick search engines and to compromise search engine results. Spam is created specifically to trick search engines and has no benefit to the end user.
Examples of SEO Spam
Search engines generally consider the following to be spam:
- Hidden text or links – Text the same color as the background.
- Keyword Stuffing – Keywords repeated over and over again.
- Misleading Text – Text on the page that has nothing to do with your website.
- Cloaked Page and Deceptive Redirects – Web pages that trick search engine spiders into crawling a page the end-user doesn’t see.
- Doorway pages – Multiple web pages on the same URL that link to your website but have no links from your website.
- Duplicate site or pages – Copied web pages with different file names or URLs.
Where Can I Report Spam
If you suspect a website of spam, please help by reporting it. Below are direct links to spam report forms on the major search engines.
- Yahoo Search
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment